Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Detox day 2 is going well

I loved the raw beet salad! Yum...and thanks for reminding us about how it comes out in the elimination process... Today I'm feeling a little light headed and my joints are a bit stiff, but not bad. I need to remind myself to drink more water. I was a bit hungry for lunch today so I ate the collard green leaf sandwich for lunch and I'm looking forward to eating the kale salad for dinner. I'm used to eating more nuts for snacks, so I do feel slight hunger, but not too bad. Here's a funny story about the smoothie prep. The first day I made it I followed the recipe and added the ingredients in the order printed on the recipe. Normally, it probably wouldn't make a difference, but using a food processor it makes a weeee bit of difference...adding the almonds last makes for a textury smoothy! So, in my second attempt, I added the nuts in the beginning and by the time I got to the end, they were nicely smoothed out. Also, I forgot to get the mangos and used frozen berries instead. When you mix blackberries, raspberries and green kale, it makes mudd...but I have to tell you, this is the best tasting mudd I've had. I'm off to get some frozen mangos so I can enjoy a pretty green smoothie!

No comments:

Post a Comment