Saturday, July 31, 2010

New Blog Contributor

Hello all, My name is Terri and I signed up with Zizania in mid-June. I am working to reverse my Type 2 diabetes and get healthier overall. Dominique was referred to me by two of her other clients. No sooner had I met Dominique that I ended up in the hospital for a week and had to delay the program. I didn't know it, but I had a bone infection that was affecting me systemically. The whole time I was in the hospital I was eating from their "diabetic" menu. I still can't believe the diabetic-unfriendly items on their menu. My blood sugars were over 300 everyday.

Dominique came to my home the day I was released from the hospital and we made our first recipes. My blood sugars reduced significantly everyday after making the change to a healthy dietary plan. In a week my blood sugars were in the 120 range. I also lost 16 pounds in 4 weeks, very exciting and very promising! Working with Dominique and Brandi has been such a great honor and a pleasure. Both of them are so "real" and make the program fun; I have learned so much.

I hit a rough spot about four weeks into the program when I had to have surgery. It was traumatic for me and left me feeling very depressed and seeking old comfort foods. Then I was too embarassed to submit food journals. Although the last three weeks have been rough, I hadn't given up completely and still primarily adhered to the diet. Dominique and I had a long talk this week and I am back on track. She and Brandi are always so supportive and helpful.

I add this information about the rough spot to give encouragement to others to keep going with the program even when the stressors of life may contribute to deviations in your plan. Life is full of ups and downs. Eventually it will be up again so I keep moving forward; hopefully you will too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment